Jack, David, et al., I have changed the subject line but I am responding to
Jack's last post.

In my ignorance I am wondering how it is that Einstein came to think that
the speed of light was the limiting speed of communication. What experiment
did he know about? And what evidence is extant currently?

Didn't Einstein just say "Hey, it's just gotta be"???

I remember a similar discussion on sci.physics some years ago. At that time
someone posted an analysis which included the perspective of a fish in an
aquarium where the fastest speed of communication was something like the
speed of sound in water -- ie the universe of the fish was the aquarium.

I don't remember the analysis, but would surely like to hear it again.

Anybody?

Jim.Green@Snow.edu

It has never been detemined if the
early bird enjoys the worm as much