Re: Tides

If any of you have tried to find the Sc. Am. article I mentioned about tides
in the Bay of Fundy, I misled you badly. The article is "Modeling Tidal
Power" by David A. Greenberg and is in November 1987 Scientific American.
I just got around to reading it last summer after a 5 day Sea Kayak trip
into the bay.

Now that Jim has made his position on Ocean tides fairly clear, I've got to
ask,"How do you feel about earth tides. It is my impression that the classic
cartoon does a better job with these.

Here's a quote from a geology text published in 1996 by DC Heath
"Electrons orbit at specific distances from the dense, positively charged
nucleus..." Jim has to like this! Anybody have any pull with the editors
at DC Heath?

Have any of you ever reviewed a text, made suggestions, and had your
your suggestions implimented? I reviewed this text for Heath, pointed out
this error, and gave them Jim's speach almost word for word, but apparently
it didn't make much of an impression. I wonder why they bother with
reviewers. I guess it is so they can fill up the prefix with names.