Re: Rossby waves

Hey, as I recall. it happened to the SeaQuest.

Jim Green

I was thinking, after reading the posts about Rossby waves, that if
a wave with sufficiently lowered water density passed underneath a
vessel, its buoyancy would be suddenly reduced, perhaps causing it
to sink suddenly and "without cause". A wave with lowered density
would also probably attract nearby higher-density water to attempt
to equalize the density, and the inflowing water motion would
hasten the sinking.

i'd appreciate your comments regarding the water density idea.

Regards, Dave Cruz <DCRUZ@T1ACC1.INTEL.COM