Re: mathematica

Ivan,

on Wed, 19 Jun 1996 08:32:07 -0700

Ivan E. Rouse wrote :

We have not used Mathematica in this context but have just completed two
years using Mathcad for Windows for the data analysis tools for General
Physics labs.

If you are not familiar with it, it is quite easy to learn and use. I would
recommend it highly! We are using it in the following way. For the first
quarter we require all graphs and calculatiosn to be done by hand. Then
toward the end of the first quarter we allow students tos tart using mathcad
do do calculations and make graphs. In fact, we have prepared worksheets
for nearly all the lab experiments that students can use. By the end of the
year students are beginning to appreciate its utility and are starting to
use it do homework in physics and other classes. Our math and chemistry
departments are also using mathcad in some courses so the knowledge carrys
over to other classes.

Is there any special price for Universities, for mathcad?
Is it able to read ascii files?

Thank you for your attention,

Yanai

--