Re: mathematica

Yani asks about using mathematica for data analysis. Mathematica, and
similar programs such as Maple and MathCad seem like overkill for algebra/
trig based physics unless the students are already using these programs for
other classes. Theyseem more appropriate for calculus based analysis. I've
been pleased with the software I got from Vernier a couple years ago. It was
inexpensive and very simple to use, as well as being designed specifically
for the analyisis I wanted done.
Another suggestion that has come up before is to use spread sheets. Most
students today are already familiar with spread sheets and modern spread
sheets are very powerful.