Re: Houston-area job: Physics Teacher (fwd)

About change.
One of the earliest statements is that of the Greek Heraclitus who lived
about 500 B.C.
Under the topic of "Universal Flux" he wrote: "Everything flows and
nothing abides; everything gives way and nothing stays fixed. You can not
step twice into the same river, for other waters are continually flowing
on. Cool things become warm, the warm grows cool; the moist dries, the
parched becomes moist. It is in changing that things find repose. "
A good reference on Heraclitus is the book Heraclitus by Philip
Wheelright Princeton University Press 1959.
Best regards,
Leonard Jossem

I was thinking of using a quote for my physics classes. Thing is I don't
know who said it. Can anyone help me out?

The only thing constant is change.

I'm not sure I quoted it correctly.

Thanks.

| ___
| Zosimo Oscar P. Villa Jr. (@-@)
| Physics Teacher _<----->_ |
| Science Department ( ( ) ) |
| Ateneo de Manila High School \ \m m/ / |
| email : ocavilla@pusit.admu.edu.ph ^^^ ^^^ |