Re: telescopes

Richard,
I built my own following the CCD Camera Cookbook, it is very cheap
and not that difficult if you are good with your hands. I have also used som
SBIG CCD's and they seem to work well. I would recommend looking at Sky &
Telescope Magazine over the last couple of years. They have an offshoot
publication called CCD astronomy that you should look at as well. I am
mainly interested in stellar astronomy but have taken some picture of
planets using eyepeice projection, so you can make do with one CCD and
telescope. Life is compromise.
I hope this helps.
Gary