Re: Question for Brad Shue

Hi Brad-
I think that I agree with everything you say in your response.
Now the question is: given that we can't see what "pops into their heads",
how do we identify the good grapes?
Regards,
Jack
Jack,
I don't think I have enough experience with the concepts tests to make an
informed opinion about them. Last I heard, the jury is still out on
testing methods and I'm not ready to pick sides yet until I am better
informed myself.

What I mean is do the students who leave your class have a "working
knowledge" of what you were supposed to teach them? Did you teach them
well enough that they associate what you taught them with real life?

EXAMPLE OF A "GOOD GRAPE": When discussing a car accident, momentum,
kinetic energy, impulse and force pop into their head and they can apply
what they were taught to the sittuation to understand it better.
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu