RE: Video cards for IBM compatibles

We've found video cards to be a tricky area. It seems that standards are not
real firm. I strongly suggest not buying anything until you've had a chance to
test a complete configuration of video card, computer graphics card, system
unit, and intended software to make sure it all works together.

We are currently using Diamond VideoStar Pro video capture cards for our intro
lab, but these are no longer available. We've recently purchased Miro DC20
cards (about $800/ea) with Diamond Stealth computer graphics cards for our
Compaq systems. We use Adobe Premier to capture video and our own video
analysis software.

Tim Sullivan (sullivan@kenyon.edu)