Re: Course help

Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 21:48:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: al clark <al@sci.nccu.edu>
To: phys-l@atlantis.cc.uwf.edu
Subject: Course help

I am working on the modification of a course in the physical sciences
for
education majors. I want a course that is heavy on student involvement
and experimentation. I also want to make connections between basic
principles and activities that are appropriate for elementary and
secondary schools. I am looking for resources to use in that course. Has
anyone had experience in a similar course, and can you provide me with
references or other information that would be useful in planning the
course?
Thanks.
Al Clark

I suggest you check out Physics by Inquiry by Lillian
McDermott and the Physics Education Group at The University
of Washington. It is available from John Wiley.
Don Boys, Physics
University of Michigan-Flint
303 E. Kearsley
Flint MI 48502