plants

Huh? I don't see that your results contradict what Marlow said at all. I
take his answer to mean that the plants will grow "up" away from the
centrepetal force causing their circular motion! Isn't this what you
saw?

Marlow said,

I would imagine the plants are doing pretty much the same thing they do
at the Earth's surface -- growing stems and leaves in the direction in
which the electrochemical surface forces are exerted on them, and sending
out roots in the opposite direction.

This means the plants grow towards the light sources, vertically in the
experiment we arranged. But they grew at an angle.

Joel Rauber
rauberj@mg.sdstate.edu