Re: Question from grade 11 student

mdesgroseilliers@musicm.mcgill.ca

I am not sure that I understand what you are doing, but I'll try to
reply. In water the bouancy on an object should be equal to the weight of
water which it displaces. Since water does not compress very much at
depth I would expect that your object would weight less than in air but
that the results would not depend very much on the depth in the water.
Barlow Newbolt

But, is the object compressed?
Is the spring scale attached to a firm foundation or hand held?
Is the water still, or is there a current pushing on the object?

Clarence