Re: Potato Gun

Sorry about this. I saw a note at some stage on a potato gun. Lost
all reference to it. Lighter fluid firing potatoes into rubbish bins
as I recall. Can anyone help?? You can reply off the list if you
like to save traffic . . .

Derek.

There is a nice 'potato cannon' page at:

http://www2.csn.net/~bsimon/backyard.html

Diagrams, descriptions, disclaimers (of the legal variety) -
even a note from the ATF (i.e., the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, and Firearms) as to why the potato cannon is NOT a
firearm - at least, when it isn't being pointed at anyone!

The cannons my students have built are generally hairspray-
powered and have a range of 100-200 meters.

Nick Guilbert
Peddie School

nguilber@peddie.k12.nj.us