RE: The Soapbox

It might help if EVERYONE took the invective and sarcasim down a couple of
notches--it only polarizes people rather than producing any meaningful
dialog. Most of us realize that there are problems at both ends--HS and
University. The purposes of the list is to help work on those
problems--not hit each other over the head with them.

Rick Tarara

With apologies to those of us on both sides of the maginot line who
are truly trying to learn how to teach.
In this way we too could minimize our contact hours with students and
maximize the revenue flow for our department. Gosh, simple max/min
calculus.

Of course then the label "teacher" would no longer apply, (in popular
erudite circles the word has pejorative connotations anyway) so a new
name would have to be found for a person in such a position...... Maybe
that is why they are called professors?