Re: Physics in half-time

Like Bill Mooney, I teach Technical Physics at a community and technical colleg
e with the exact same schedule selections: MWF for 50 min each, 15 weeks (for
Tech Phys Mechanics I, as well as Mech II, Heat & Light, E & M) versus TTh for
1.25 hrs each, for 15 weeks. The students in the TTh class reach information o
ver load after about the first 50 minutes....so I usually try to do something a
bout that time to liven things up and hope their second winds kick in. All in
all, I prefer to teach the MWF classes....since I can run out of steam too:-)