Period of Comet Hyakutake

On April 1, 1996, Richard Bowman wrote regading the period of comet
Hyakutake. I am able to confirm his algebra and calculations. While
checking the web to confirm the data I found a reference to the
"original and future barycentric period to be about 8000 and 14000 years
respectively" at

http://cfa.www.harvard.edu//cfa/ps/1996B2IAU6359.arc

I got there through

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/hyakutake/

I am curious as to whether this sheds any light on why to period seems
low by a factor of ten, and whether this question was resolved.

Joe D. Darling jdarling@emh1.otc.cc.mo.us
Instructor of Physics and Physical Science
Ozarks Technical Community College
815 North Sherman Avenue Springfield, MO 65802
(417) 895- 7295 (417) 895-7249 FAX