Re: Can Crusher capacitors (fwd)

At 07:42 PM 4/6/96 -0800, you wrote:
On Fri, 5 Apr 1996, ziggy peacock wrote:

Bill etc, I am building one at present, and it will be encased in lexan
to avoid the problems you mention. Most of us who plan to build a device
of this nature wouldn't dream of doing it any other way.

We tried an enclosure of polycarbonate (bullet-proof glass) with some
room for air movement in and out of it, but the enclosure is now shattered.
The heat shockwave and exploding wire are too much.
Need to give it an open side at least.

I could see a capacitor exploding if there is a sudden discharge
inside where there ought not to be, instantly heating any oil inside it.
Recommend lots of caution and prayers.
Horizon Technology Tomorrow's Technology Today
http://www.eskimo.com/~ghawk/ Seattle, WA