Re: research question

The question of the effects of sound is of interest now because of proposed exp
eriments to send sounds through the oceans. I think the idea is that by measur
ing the speed of sound they can get a more accurate picture of temperatures. U
nfortunately, not much is really known about the effects of sound on sea creatu
res so there are a lot of people who are very concerned about these experiments
and others who think those concerns are silly. Howerver, neither side has muc
h real evidence to support their view. I know I've seen stuff on this in EOS,
the newsletter of the American Geophysical Union. I'm not sure where you can g
et your hands on this. Rutgers in Camden may have it, the main campus in New B
runswick will have it for sure as would Penn. I'll see if I still have my copy
so I can give you an exact reference. Several environmental organizations hav
e raised the issue, but included almost no scientific documentation. I read so
much of this stuff I can never remember where I see it. It kind of all runs t
ogether in my head. I'll poke around in my magazine piles tomorrow.