Re: Physics law confusion in ad copy

I remember a Timex watch ad a few years ago that had a skier coming down a
chute and the text read
Force = mass x velocity
in very bold print

In the '92? winter Olympics they did a great interlude explaining the
centrifugal force that pulls the skiiers off the giant slolum run

Lots of movies have these things, one that comes to mind is Costner's Robin Hood
In the scene where they burn the hideout, Robin Hood swings on a burning
rope and, when the rope breaks, they cut the film and "he" falls straight
down from mid swing.

I know I have others, contact me directly if interested.

Lisa K. Morris
Instructional Lab Supervisor
Department of Physics
Washington State University