Re: the comet down under

From the north!

I went out late last night to a rural area to view the comet.
(temp -21 C!!)

While I didn't take any measurements the tail was indeed impressive.
We also had a nice background of northern lights.

Subject: Re: the comet down under

Just a brief comment to encourage all you northern hemisphere
people to look at this one! We've just lost it from our sky here in
Australia, but for us it was already quite
spectacular - big, similar to the moon in size to the naked eye, and with a
long faint tail of about 15 degrees (from a dark site). You people
see it at its brightest ...

from an envious
Margaret Mazzolini
Swinburne University, Australia