Re: comet

Steve and et. al.,

Thanks for the update. Your description with the Celestron may give me
the boost needed to go over to school and get our 8" Celestron and take a
look. I cannot see the tail from here (home) although the comet is still low in the
sky and is located just above all the city lights of Portland. Not ideal
viewing conditions but still visible with the naked eye. As the evening
progresses, viewing should improve so I will check it out every hour or so.

Here in Portland (about the 45th parallel) the comet is located just
below the handle of the Big Dipper.

Lowell Herr
The Catlin Gabel School
Portland, OR 97225